Offshore Virtual Assistants, a well-respected Australian Outsourcing company, are looking for an experienced WordPress Expert.
Get ready for tech magic with our newest client! Founded in 2018, our client’s passion is connecting people and businesses with technology that simplifies their lives.
This company is dedicated to creating, building, hosting, and maintaining websites for small businesses across Australia, operating from our headquarters in Harrington Park near Camden in Sydney. They build websites on two of the world’s most popular platforms, WordPress and Shopify, and are looking for a highly skilled and highly experienced WordPress Expert to join their growing team — with a natural curiosity for learning and growth to join our growing team. The successful candidate will report directly to the Founder and Director of this well-established company.
The WordPress Expert will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining WordPress websites, ensuring seamless functionality and optimal user experience. They will collaborate with our design, development, and marketing teams to deliver high-quality web solutions that meet or exceed our client’s expectations.
This is for a Full-time role. Standard operating times are between 9 am and 5 pm Australian Eastern Standard Time; however, we provide flexibility to cater for work-life balance. There may be the occasional after-hour work for major website changes and upgrades – time in lieu arrangements can be made to make up for time spent after hours.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design and develop custom WordPress websites, themes, and plugins based on client requirements and specifications.
- Build eCommerce-capable WordPress websites using WooCommerce.
- Write WordPress code snippets with WordPress/WooCommerce actions and filters.
- Ensure high-quality website performance, speed, and responsiveness across various devices and browsers
- Troubleshoot and resolve website issues, including performance, security, and compatibility problems
- Perform regular updates and maintenance on existing WordPress websites, including content, plugins, and themes
- Collaborate with the design, development, and marketing teams to create visually appealing and highly functional websites
- Optimise websites for search engine performance and accessibility
- Provide technical support and training to clients and internal team members on the use and maintenance of WordPress websites
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends, best practices, and technologies in the WordPress ecosystem.
INdustry Related Experience
- 3+ years of experience designing and developing WordPress websites, including custom themes and plugins,
- Experience with e-commerce platforms such as WooCommerce.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and A/B testing
Qualifications and Experience/Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Web Development, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
Type of Person
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to make informed decisions
- Natural curiosity for learning and growth
- Team player
Tools and Software
Advanced efficiency in :
- Visual Studio Code
- Git (GitLab or GitHub or equivalent)
Knowledge and understanding of:
- Social media sites (Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Twitter, TikTok etc)
- Microsoft 365 / Google Workspace
- Google Analytics/Search Console/Merchant Centre
- JIRA service management
Nice to have (but not essential)
- RankMath Pro (SEO Plugin)
- Oxygen Builder or Breakdance Builder (Advanced WordPress builders)
- WP Rocket
- Local WP