Supply Chain and Purchasing Manager
Offshore Virtual Assistants is an Australia-based company helping businesses to find the most suitable team offshoring members. We are looking for an efficient and well-experienced Supply Chain and Purchasing Manager to support one of our clients. This business has been one of the leading and most trusted suppliers of total temporary protection products in the UK and Ireland since the 1990s. It is now a global supplier of 8 unique brands fit for all the temporary protection needs of its customers.
Their mission is to “wow” our clients by delivering an exceptional customer experience focusing on value and continuous improvement. The core values are Integrity, Loyalty, Accountability and Value Driven. They pride themselves on excellent customer service that’s quick and efficient and competitive prices that are worth the investment.
The Supply Chain and Purchasing Manager leads the management of supply chain and purchasing to enhance and continually improve the overall customer experience offered by SP Group and supplier relations. This will include overseeing goods inwards & outwards, all in house processes, whilst maintaining strong relationships with all key partners.
- BOM or Kit maintenance
- Production Scheduling & completion
- Source raw materials
- Coordinate/arrange production
- Monitoring requirement for, and arranging, Internal Stock Transfers between locations
- Insurance for building
- Work on any finance requirements for warehouse
- Monitor stock on daily & weekly basis through excel reporting
- Prepare and place purchase orders with vendors
- Maintain expected arrival dates in Odoo & track delays
- Advise of goods coming in so he can arrange space in warehouse (new product or large volume)
- Arrange payments for PIs
- Report shortages to supplier
- Book stock in on Odoo as advised
- Arrange GI logistics either by our lorry or the carrier (booked online or by email) – and any associated supplier contact
- Work with the sales team on forecasting sales increases to maintain stock levels at appropriate level
- Adjust re-ordering rules in Odoo as necessary
- Arrange stock takes – organizing and working with Operations Manager to get them done
- Product set up and maintenance as required by other departments and what makes sense for the job at hand
- Ordering packaging materials as requested
- Research of new contacts/suppliers (for new product lines or alt supply)
- F/U of new/existing contacts
- Product development; improvements, certs, customising goods/services, sourcing outside China
- Sending, receiving and checking samples
- Supplier Approval process (any new contacts/suppliers)
- QC’s on any trial orders or orders that are from new contacts or contain new/altered products
- Price requests from suppliers for sales time/client needs
- Existing supplier negotiations (prices), feedback and ratings
- Exhibitions; review value and planning visits, F/U afterwards
- Keeping Odoo updated on all current projects/tasks related to R&D in projects section
- Identify and communicate with key stakeholders.
- Gather, review, and analyze business and industry data, including KPIs, financial reports and other key metrics using data analytics tools.
- Liaise between various business departments and groups.
- Assess options for process improvement, including business process modeling.
- Maintain documentation regarding various projects, processes, and operations.
- Collaborate with project managers and cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of Microsoft or Office 365 programs
- Knowledge of Microsoft Teams
- Experience in using VOIP systems
- Knowledge of Odoo is a plus
- Proactive and can work independently
- Good communication skills in English, bonus for an Irish accent
- Quick thinker and innovative
- Able to manage stocks and operations in an orderly manner
- Highly organized and disciplined, can work without supervision
- 3+ years’ Operations Management experience
- Strong leadership and management abilities, which have preferably been demonstrated in
- previous roles
- Good working knowledge of Computerised Stock Systems
- Experience in a quality/H & S driven environment
- Experienced in project management and change
- Strong strategic, analytical and computer skills
- Ability to manage time and multiple tasks effectively
- A personal determination/objective to grow within the business