Production Draftsman/ Work Pack Engineer
Are you looking for an exciting and varied role?
At Offshore Virtual Assistants, a well-respected Australian Outsourcing company, we are looking for an experienced
Work Packs Engineer to join our team in the Alloy Steel industry, to assist in creating Jobpacks for labourers
We are currently seeking an experienced Work Packs Engineer to join our team. As a rapidly expanding company, we require someone who can contribute immediately and help us meet the high demand for our products.
- Creating and preparing job packs for the workshop;
- Nesting Programs for the CNC plasma /laser/ waterjet to maximise efficiency;
- Working closely with production engineering to determine processing priorities;
- Generate accurate documentation such as BOMs, Detail drawings, fabrication
- drawings, reports, instructions and manuals;
- Assist production personnel with technical queries
- You will be responsible for providing engineering input and design, 3D Modelling and 2D Drawings (Autocad, Inventor);
- Reporting to Lead Production Engineer;
- Technical expertise in mechanical engineering, including proficiency in AutoCAD, Inventor
- Familiar with nesting programs for CNC machining.
- Good level of technical knowledge.
- Mechanical drafting certificate/ trade qualification
- Familiar with steel manufacturing and fabrication process
- Effective time management and planning skills;
- An ability to prioritise work and to meet multiple deadlines.
- Experience with Mining Process Plants (advantage);
- Experience in Manufacturing or other Engineering related disciplines would be highly regarded.
Type of Person:
- Strong attention to detail for accurate documentation and reports.
- Problem-solving skills to troubleshoot and propose effective solutions.
- Excellent communication abilities to collaborate with teams and provide technical support.
- Effective time management and prioritization to meet deadlines.
- Adaptability, initiative, and a proactive attitude.
- Ability to work well in a team and foster a positive work environment.
Tools and Software:
- AutoCAD and Inventor for 2D and 3D design.
- Nesting programs for optimizing CNC machining.
- Microsoft Office Suite for documentation and data organization.
- CAD/CAM software for CNC machining processes.
- ERP/MRP systems for production workflow management.
- Data management software for organizing engineering data.
- Simulation and analysis tools for design validation.
- Adaptability to new tools and software is also important.