PART-TIME Travel administrator
Offshore Virtual Assistants, a well-respected Australian Outsourcing company, are looking for an experienced travel administrator to join our Australian client’s growing team of travel agents. The aim is to provide administration and operational support for their group’s team in the creation of inspirational travel experiences.This company is based in NSW. We are looking for an experienced Travel Administrator to assist in maintaining a high level of client service and to support business growth.
This an exciting opportunity to work with passionate travel professionals in the luxury travel sector. The role is to support our principals in ensuring our client’s journeys meet their expectations and that all details are meticulously planned and executed, from the first enquiry to the welcome home email our clients receive. The role is also to undertake critical back-office functions to help ensure proper file management and contribute to business growth.
- Reservation Management – data entry
- Managing changes and cancellations
- Comparing and quoting insurance options
- Sourcing best accommodation prices
- Research tasks
Customer Service Tasks
- Managing client personal information in our back-office system, Tramada
- Sending pre-departure reminders email
General Administration Tasks
- File management including cross checking all travel sectors at various stages of the trip planning and execution and working with itinerary software such as AXUS to create client itineraries and documentation.
- Creating client trip folders and filing correspondence.
- Calendar Management, scheduling appointments, reminders and other organizational duties as required.
- Creating processes and procedures.
- Copywriting for social media and newsletter contents
- Assisting with social media and other marketing tools such as newsletters as required.
- Other general tasks.
- Creating processes for and implementing commission invoicing, tracking, payment and balancing of trip file financials.
Qualifications and Experience/Skills Required
- Previous experience as a VA and or travel consultant for Australian clients
- University Degree in related industry
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong customer service and organisational skills
Tools and Software
- Tramada travel reservation system.
- Sabre flight management system or similar
- Amadeus, Galileo, Apollo and Worldspan experience
- WordPress Experience
- Umapped itinerary App or equivalent
- Microsoft Office suite (Teams, Word & Excel) (Experience with Mac a benefit but not required)
- Use of Canva a benefit but not required.
- Knowledge of social media scheduling platforms is a bonus but not essential.
Type of Person:
- Recent tourism qualifications or previous experience in the travel industry preferred but not required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and display initiative
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook) and with Mac if possible.
- High degree of attention to detail and excellent organisation skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and show initiative.
Key Success Factors:
- Strong organisational skills, initiative and attention to detail
- Strong English written communication skills
- Strong critical thinking skill