Administrative and finance assistant
Offshore Virtual Assistants, a well-respected Australian Outsourcing company, require a financial assistant to work with a growing Home Construction and renovation company in Australia. You would be joining a small, friendly and collaborative team. Our client is committed to making their client experience as simple, stress-free and straightforward as possible. The service they deliver is paramount and this role will play an integral part in the delivery of this.
- Check supplier invoices/ labour hire/ subcontractor invoices respond to client queries and file in relevant job folders
- Add data from invoices to job spreadsheets
- Prepare weekly invoices as per Contract specification
- Cross-check monthly statements against invoices in Xero & folders
- Reconcile all accounts/ bank accounts with a high level of accuracy
- Collect all required documents for each job and share with the certifier
- On job completion, verify all required documentation is received, upload to inndox and handover log-book to client
Xero, Buildertrend and Asana
- BAS reports;- understand when GST is required & check ABN’s online to make sure GST entries are correct.
- Understand & utilise job codes & account codes in Xero
- Prepare Weekly Payroll – cross check confirm, amend hours in BuilderTrend to match invoices, Check leave and file STP. Be
- able to question/query any discrepancies. Set up new employees. Update WorkCover portal.
- Quarterly superannuation, to be distributed to superfunds accounts.
- Ability to use & follow Asana
- Prepare Xero reports as required. e.g. Profit & Loss etc.
- Prepare Contract Variation invoices
- Prepare Contract Stage Payment invoices
- Follow/check when Stage payments are due (via Asana/Xero) & follow them up so invoicing is not late
- Prepare/finalise client quotes
- Answer incoming calls, determine reason for call, response or how/who to delegate
- Make calls to clients, certifiers etc. as required and update CRM
- Send welcome emails to clients to introduce the company & take full details of transaction
- Log client documentation and updating details on the CRM
- Follow and updating processes
- PA to the CEO – Diary, calendar and email management
- Take action by coordinating, tracking and following up on administration/ project tasks
- Transcribe audio meeting notes from site meetings
OTHER DUTIES as required to assist in the growth of the company. This will be a rewarding strategic role and will suit those who have a keen eye for detail, an ability to prioritise and strategise
In return, we offer a supportive environment and comprehensive training to ensure you get off to the best start.Qualifications and Experience/Skills Required
- Accounting / Business Degree or equivalent (minimum 2 years experience)
- Preference for experience in accounts and administration with construction company in Queensland, familiarity with labour / Master Builders contract regulations
- Strong English written and communication skills
- Solid computer & administrative skills, experience with Xero software
- Xero Accounting Software
- JOB Software – Buildertrend
- CRM Asana and Ontraport