FINANCIAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE assistant
Are you looking for an exciting and varied role?
Offshore Virtual Assistants, a well-respected Australian Outsourcing company, requires a financial assistant to work with a growing Home Construction and renovation company in Australia. You would be joining a small, friendly and collaborative team. Our client is committed to making their client experience as simple, stress-free and straightforward as possible. The service they deliver is paramount and this role will play an integral part in the delivery of this.
We are looking for a loyal team member, an Administrative and Finance/ Project Assistant, who is caring and committed for the long term. The chosen candidate will be responsible for ensuring the accounts are kept up to date, generating financial reports for the accountant together with administration tasks ie completing contracts, emailing questionnaires and following up on leads.
- Email Management – checking emails for invoices, receipts, statements and tasks. Checking Spam/Junk folder and moving emails to specific folders.
- Facebook – Check messages on the company’s Facebook page.
- Xero – bank reconciliation including attaching bill payment receipts, sending payment receipts for client payments etc.
- Xero – add new invoices received.
- Materials supplier – download invoices from previous week from the company’s online account & save them to the finance folder.
- Statements – cross-checking with invoices to make sure all have been received, and follow up on any that are missing.
- Contract stage payments – creating invoices in Xero for stage payments, as required, and sending them to the client.
- Contract deposit/prelim invoice – Create deposit/prelim invoice in Xero upon all signatures received on a contract.
- Allocate Job numbers on the relevant spreadsheet for new projects.
- BuilderTrend – add new job details to Construction Management Software as per the signed Contract upon the signing of the Contract.
- Calendly – email link to prospective clients, clients, contacts etc.
- Shared Drives – Add a new job folder, as required.
- Asana – Set up a new Project, as required.
- Document Management – Upload relevant certificates, certification documentation etc.
This will be a rewarding strategic role and will suit those who have a keen eye for detail, an ability to prioritise and strategies
In return, we offer a supportive environment and comprehensive training to ensure you get off to the best start.
- Accounting / Business Degree or equivalent (minimum 2 years experience)
- Preference for experience in accounts and administration with a construction company in Queensland
- Strong English written and communication skills
- Solid computer & administrative skills, experience with Xero software
- Social Media experience recommended
Personality/ Type of Person:
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Positive team player with the ability to build rapport & mutual respect with clients, subcontractors, suppliers & office team members
- Service-minded, eager to learn, punctual, able to follow instructions –
- A keen eye for detail by checking for completeness and accuracy, quality assurance of your work before passing to the client.
- Positive approach, able to work applying time management skills in a diverse range of tasks
- Part of a Team who enjoy working together, value and are accountable to each other
- A high attention to detail & high level of accuracy is critical in this role.
- Xero Accounting Software
- JOB Software – Buildertrend
- CRM Asana and Ontraport