Xero Bookkeeper & Accounts Admin
Offshore Virtual Assistants, a very respected Australian outsourcing company, is looking for an experienced Xero Bookkeeper & Accounts Administrator for our client who runs a successful Xero-based Bookkeeping and Business Advisory Firm in Australia.
We are looking for an experienced Xero Bookkeeper & Accounts administrator who has previously worked within an Australian Bookkeeping Firm, managing multiple clients, with the ability to meet multiple deadlines.
We are seeking someone to help us continually improve on current systems and processes, providing our clients with exceptional customer service and proactive bookkeeping support, guidance and advice.
We are looking for someone with the ability to work across multiple clients in multiple industries, using Xero, plus various software add-ons, from Dext, Datamolino, Google Suite, Office 365, etc. To ensure accuracy and attention to detail. With an ability to think outside the box, and must have extensive Australian bookkeeping firm experience and be well versed with Australian GST/Taxation Law.
PART TIME ROLE with room to grow if the right fit in the future. Must be available to work during Australian Eastern Standard Time business hours from 10 AM AEST.
PRIMARY ROLE – 80%
Bookkeeping tasks and administration
- Xero bookkeeping tasks for various clients across various industries – data entry, bank reconciliations, debtor and creditor reconciliations.
- Email inbox management for various clients.
- Checking Australian Tax Office (ATO) lodgements and due dates for follow-ups especially Superannuation due dates and BAS returns.
- Reconciling Balance sheet items ie ATO clearing accounts, suspense, wages reconciliations, end-of-year financial journals, and superannuation accounts reconciliations.
- Processing bank feed transactions in Xero by coding to the correct category
- Payroll processing
- Preparation of super
- Preparation of IAS/BAS
- Ad Hoc admin tasks as required, such as researching/clarifying business information or new ATO updates.
- Flagging transactions you are unsure of, or have no receipt
- Chase clients for queries and transactions via email. Action queries in Xero.
- Issuing monthly management reports.
- Highlighting upcoming BAS liability debt to clients.
SECONDARY ROLE – 20%
Accounts Administration tasks
- Helping to implement SOP and process documentation (ongoing)
- Manage Google Suite to ensure everything is correctly labeled and filled as required
- Customer Service via email management
- Formatting documents
- Attend Zoom meetings with clients, take notes and prepare emails of action items
- Administration with sending out BAS, IAS, monthly management reports, and proposals (sending documents to obtain digital signature).
- assist in the growth of the company and be an important team member.
Previous experience working for an Australian Accounting Firm or Australian Bookkeeping Firm is mandatory.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – with internal and external customers
- Ability to effectively prioritize work tasks to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion following processes and procedures
- Enjoy self-learning new tasks and getting out of your comfort zone
- Innovation in having the ability to look for better ways to do things
- Value lifelong learning
- Sense of humor
- Honesty and integrity in doing what you say you will do.
- Don’t promise something you can’t deliver
- Not afraid to learn from mistakes and admit if you don’t know how to do something
- Degree in Business or accounting or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of industry experience in Xero bookkeeping.
- At least 1 year of Australian Bookkeeping Firm experience.
Tools and Software:
- Google Suite
- Financial Cents Workflow Management
- CIN7 Inventory
- Office 365 / Sharepoint
The client will offer training on the above systems.
Key Success Factors:
- A willingness to self-learn and the flexibility to grow with the role as the business further develops is essential.
- Attention to detail, efficiency
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage workload and work independently.
- Want to be a part of a team
- Be enthusiastic and positive everyday