Offshore Virtual Assistants, a very respected Australian outsourcing company, is looking for a bookkeeper/ experienced personal assistant for our client who runs a successful bookkeeping business in Australia. She also provides management reporting and financial education to small businesses. A great opportunity to work in this varied role.
We are looking for an experienced bookkeeper who is also keen to assist in the growth of this company by supporting the owner with the office administration and documenting procedures.
You will be responsible for basic bookkeeping tasks for our clients and assisting with basic administration and marketing tasks to free up the owner’s time and assist in growing the business
Bookkeeping tasks and administration
- Bank and credit card reconciliations
- Accounts payables
- Accounts receivables
- Assistance with the preparation of BAS and IAS
- Assistance with Balance sheet reconciliations including wages
- payable, superannuation payable and GST.
- Update supplier contacts in Client Xero files
- Processing bank feed transactions in Xero by coding to correct category
- Managing Hubdoc and pushing transactions across to Xero
- Flagging transactions you are unsure of
- Diary, calendar and email management and incoming phone calls
- Manage filing system in Office 365 to ensure everything correctly labeled
- Manage and oversee task lists in project management system
- Helping to build SOP and process documentation for the office
Previous experience working for an Australian accountant or bookkeeping business is highly required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – with internal and external customers
- Ability to effectively prioritise work tasks to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion following processes and procedures
- Honesty and integrity in doing what you say you will do. Don’t promise something you can’t deliver
- Degree in Business or accounting or equivalent
- At least 2 years Industry experience in bookkeeping
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, 10-15 hours per week
Tools and Software:
- Advanced efficiency in Office 365
- Practice Manager
- Trello, Asana or equivalent system