Bookkeeping Team Leader
Offshore Virtual Assistants, a very respected Australian outsourcing company is looking for an experienced bookkeeper for our client who owns a fast-growing bookkeeping franchise in Sydney, Australia.
She also provides bookkeeping services, management reporting and education to small businesses. A great opportunity to work in this varied role. The position offers an opportunity to expand upon skills and knowledge as well as exposure to the daily management of a bookkeeping business.
We are looking for an experienced bookkeeping team leader who is also keen to assist in the growth of this company by supporting the owner with the bookkeeping services for her client.
Full time: 8 am – 5 pm Sydney time
- Handle clients’ enquiries, ensuring prompt and professional responses
- Collaborate with junior team members in managing clients’ books
- Bank and credit card reconciliations
- Payroll processing
- Accounts payables
- Accounts receivables
- Preparation of BAS and IAS
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Superannuation payable and GST.
- Processing bank feed transactions in Xero by coding to the correct category
- Flag transactions you are unsure of for further review
- Diary, calendar and email management
- Manage the filing system in Office 365 to ensure everything is correctly labelled and easily accessible
- Oversee task lists in the project management system, ensuring deadlines are met
- Contribute to building SOPs and process documentation for the office
OTHER ADMINISTRATION DUTIES as required to assist in the growth of the company
Industry Related experience
Previous experience as a virtual assistant working for an Australian accounting or bookkeeping business will be highly regarded.
- Foster a collaborative and positive work environment conducive to team success.
- Provide guidance to junior team members to facilitate their professional development.
- Effectively communicate and delegate tasks to achieve team goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Aptitude to learn new software and systems and technology
- Exceptional business administration skills with high attention to detail and an eye for continuous improvement
- Effectively prioritise work tasks to meet deadlines
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Work independently and to carry out assignments to completion following processes and procedures
- Work with the manager and independently as required to ensure consistent workflow.
- Managing workflow and project/task management.
- Honesty and integrity in doing what you say you will do. Don’t promise something you can’t deliver
- Degree in Business or accounting or equivalent
- 5 years work-related experience in a Bookkeeping business, preferably Australian and a good understanding of Australian accounting terminology and tax system.
- Previous experience in handling multiple clients’ file, being the point of contact with clients.
- Previous experience in MYOB Payroll process.
Tools and Software
- Advanced efficiency in Office 365
- Advanced efficiency in Excel
- MYOB Payroll
- Project management experience ie Practice manager