We are seeking an organised and proactive individual to join our team as a Travel Administrative Assistant with experience in the travel industry who has worked with Galileo previously.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing schedule changes, managing the store inbox, distributing enquiries to the consultants, reconciling statements, assisting with creating client invoices and assisting with general administrative tasks.
- Managing the store schedule changes in Galileo (Confirm with the consultant is happy with the schedule changes, get the authority, and reissue the PNR)
- Managing the store Inbox (Cleaning out the junk mail and filing the call recording and ticket remitance.)
- Managing the new email enquiry inbox (Marking enquiries daily and emailing them to consultants)
- Distributing queries to the correct person’s queue for resolution
- Reconciling statements
- Assisting with creating client invoice
- Sending up pre-departure emails reminding them of visa requirements, supplying the most up-to-date itineraries, reiterating passport requirements etc.
- Assisting with any general administrative tasks that will improve the normal operation of a high-volume travel agency.
- Welcome home correspondence
- Welcome home messages and collecting testimonials
Type of Person:
We’re seeking a highly motivated and organised individual with a passion for the travel industry and experience in administrative assistance.
The ideal candidate should have experience working with Galileo. Someone who works well independently but also enjoys being part of a fun-loving team.
The successful candidate’s role will be to assist in making existing travel consultants more productive and assist in making Airfare Geeks a beer company to book with and work for. Someone who enjoys helping their fellow teammates through their work is essential.
Required Qualifications and Experience/Skills
- Has experience using Travelport (Smartpoint or Galileo)
- Ability to read UNs, TKs and HTEs to ensure tickets are attached to the correct flights
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and GMail
- A high degree of attention to detail and excellent organisation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player
- Basic bookkeeping skills are ideal but not essential
- Experience in using Zoho Books is ideal but not essential
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritise work
Tools and Software Experience:
Galileo or Smart Point
- Basic experience/understanding of how to use Excel
- Basic experience/understanding of how to use Gmail and Google-related products (Google Drive, Google Calendars etc.)
- Someone who has used Zoho Books previously would be ideal, but not necessary.
Key Success Factors:
Understand how to use/read Travelport/ Galileo
- Strong English written communication skills
- Atention to detail
- Willingness to learn on the job and be a team player.