Landscape Architect/ Draftsperson
Start and build your career with Offshore Virtual Assistants- a well-respected Australian-owned Outsourcing Company providing high-quality services to clients and promising careers to its team members.
Our Australian client specialises in landscape architecture and urban design, together with producing reports which are submitted to local councils which require CAD-prepared plans. Our client is well-known for adding their creative design flair to their projects. They are looking for a confident Landscape Architect/Draftsperson to work with Vectorworks or Autocad for their projects. The candidates must have experience working with Australian clients or at least American clients.
The successful Landscape Architect /Draftsperson will be passionate, proactive and hard-working with excellent team working and communication skills. You will possess a willingness to learn new software and be passionate about innovative and sustainable design solutions. You’ll grow your career as a designer and gain valuable access to mentors, all the while working in a supportive environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Creating accurate CAD drawings from a range of sources including existing CAD plans, hand sketches, verbal instructions,and standard drawings, notes and instruction documents.
- Create and prepare presentation materials and 3D visual graphics and site models.
Seamlessly integrating and working with project managers to produce and alter drawings.
- Thinking creatively and critically to support the project team in the design process, to create sketches and drawings that meet the requirements of each project and are in line with the Australian standards.
- Prepare detailed documentation drawings for construction
- Prioritise work according to company standards, to meet client deadlines and maintain project status.
- Systematically saving sketches and drawings on our cloud server; keeping the server organised; updating project folders and files as jobs progress and revisions are made. Ensuring all files are saved to the cloud and not kept on the local hard drive, so that other team members can access them.
- Create, edit, and update standard details/ procedures for use in future projects.
- Suggest improvements to the company standards and processes if you can see more efficient or effective ways of completing work to the same high standards.
- Drive a high quality of output with minimal rework.
- Prepare detailed written reports in English.
Qualifications and Experience/Skills Required
We’re looking for applicants with:
- Degree qualification in Landscape Architecture / Architecture/ Building Design or equivalent
- At least two years of relevant experience
- Documentation experience in CAD i.e. Vectorworks (preferred) or Autocad, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- 3D knowledge is highly desirable (VectorWorks, Autocad Sketch-up),
- A general aptitude for design and documentation,
General interest in horticulture and planting design a benefit
- General knowledge of sustainability in design a benefit
- Some knowledge of local design constraints
- Experience with Australian based projects and Australian building standards an advantage
- Excellent communication skills; listening, comprehension, and feedback.
- A passion for doing high quality work.
- The ability to think critically.
- High attention to detail.
- Showing design creativity and flair
Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
- Being able to self-start and self-motivate when there is no one available to provide instruction.
- Ability to search for and find relevant instructions within our shared instruction cloud drive.
- Capacity to handle pressure.
Strong work ethic, and the ability to handle peak work times.
- Good time management handling multiple priorities
- Ability to work within a team of people in different locations on multiple projects at one time, using online communication methods.
- Being able to ask for help or clarification.